Add to Favourites
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
BROWN LENTIL DAL
- Wash and soak whole lentils in a water for 2 hours.
- In a deep bottom pan boil lentils with five cups of water, salt and turmeric powder for ten to fifteen minutes on medium gas (if needed add water till the consistency you needed)
- After fifteen minutes reduce the flame, cover and cook ,stir occasionally and if needed add water.
- In a different pan Heat oil add mustard seeds, asafoetida and cumin seeds. Fry until you hear popping sound.
- Then add ginger, curry leaves and garlic and stir till garlic turn lite brown color.
- Add onion and stir till onion turn lite brown, then add potatoes stir another two minutes.
- Add tomatoes and half of coriander, green chillies and stir for five minutes.
- Now add red chili powder, special masala, sugar and stir for another two minutes.
- Add boil lentils and stir well (check the salt taste and consistency of lentils)
- If needed add water cover and let it boil for another two to three minutes.
- Last add garam masala and chopped coriander and boil for minute.
- Lentil daal is ready to serve.