CAULIFLOWER BEETROOT SOUP
- Medium Onion - 1 Finely Chopped
- Cauliflower (about 1-1/2 pounds) - 1 Broken Into Florets
- Salt - As Per Taste
- Water - 5 1/2 Cups
- Butter - 2-1 Tablespoon
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Garlic Clove - 3-4 finely chopped
- Ginger - 1'
- All Purpose Flour ( Maida ) - 2 Tablespoon
- Beet Root Peeled and Cut into Pieces - 1
- Medium Sized Potatoes - 2 Peeled and Cut into Small Cubes
- Fried Onion For Decorations
- Sugar (Optional) - 1 Teaspoon
- Sour Cream For Decoration
- Warm the 2 tbsp butter in a heavy-bottomed pan. Add the chopped garlic stir till light brown add the onion over low heat without letting it brown for 5-10 minutes.
- Now add onion and stir for five minutes.
- Add cauliflower, potatoes salt ,beet root, ginger,pepper and 2 cups water.
- Cover and cook for 5-10 mints or until tenders, Working in batches, puree the soup in a blender to a very smooth, creamy consistency.
- In a different pan add 1 tbsp butter on a slow heat then add all purpose flour and stir it for 5 mints or until light brown then add 3-4 cups of water gradually add water at a time so mixture does not clump .
- Now add soup(puree) into flour mixture and add black pepper , sugar and salt .
- Let it boil for few mints.
- In a bowl pour the soup and for decoration add little sour cream and fried onion
Add to Favourites