Coconut and Semolina Cake
- For Syrup
- Water - 1 Cup
- Sugar - 1 Cup
- Lemon Juice - 1/4 Teaspoon
- Rose Essence - 1/2 Teaspoon
- For Cake
- Fine Semolina (Rawa) - 1/4 Cup
- Coarse Semolina - 3/4 Cup
- Baking Powder - 1 Teaspoon
- Sugar (As Per Sweet) - 1/3 Cup
- Large Egg - 1
- Shredded Desiccated coconut - 1/2 Cup
- Unsalted melted Butter - 1/3 Cup
- Vanilla Essence - 1 Teaspoon
- Plain Yogurt - 1/2 Cup
- Almonds - As Needed
For Blanching Almonds:
- Boil two cups of water add almonds and boil for two minutes.
- Strain the almonds in cold water , peeled and keep aside.
For Syrup :
- Boil one cup water,one cup sugar and lemon juice for ten minutes on medium heat.
- Cool the syrup and add rose essence.
For Cake :
- Butter the baking tray nicely.
- In a large bowl mix coarse semolina,fine semolina,baking powder,butter,egg,yogurt,sugar,vanilla essence,coconut and mix all the ingredients nicely.
- Pour this mixture in a baking tray and level the mixture.
- Keep this mixture in a refrigerator for two hours.
- Remove the tray fro refrigerator and cut the pieces as your choice,place each almonds center of the piece.
- Preheat oven for 380*f or 193*c and bake this cake for 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven pour the syrup we made previously on the cake and again bake it for 380 *f for fifteen minutes.
- Decorate with any of these (Almonds,cashew,pistachio,desiccated coconuts) your choice .