MIRCHI KA SALAN(CURRY)
- Anaheim Peppers - 8
- Fresh Grated Coconut - 1/4 Cup
- Peanuts - 3 Tablespoon
- Sesame Seeds - 2 Tablespoon
- Curry Leaves - 5-6
- Gram Flour (Basan) - 1/2 Tablespoon
- Oil - 4 Tablespoon
- Salt to Taste
- Medium Onion - 1 Thinly Sliced
- Sugar (Optional) - 1 Tablespoon
- Garam Masala - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Tamerind Paste - 1 Tablespoon
- Cumin Seeds - 1 Teaspoon
- Mustard Seeds - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Kalonji (Optional) - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Grated Ginger - 1 Teaspoon
- Red Chili Powder - 1 1/2 Teaspoon (According to Taste)
- Turmeric Powder - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Cumin Powder - 1 Teaspoon
- Coriander Powder - 1 Teaspoon
- Water - 1/4 and 2 1/2 Cups
- Mint Leaves - 2 Teaspoon Finely Chopped
- Chopped Green Coriander - 2 Tablespoon
- Roast peanuts,sesame seeds and coconut on low heat for two to three minutes In a mixer make the paste.
- In a bowl mix tamarind paste,red chili powder,ginger , turmeric and 1/4 cup of water,mix it nicely.
- In flat pan add oil the add peppers and stir fry the until they are light golden brown ,remove on the paper towel.
- In a same pan heat remaining oil add cumin seeds,mustard seeds when it starts cracking on medium heat .
- Add curry leaves , kalonji and onion fry until onion is golden brown .
- Add cumin and coriander powder and basen fry about a minute till basen is light golden brown.
- Now add #1 paste we made, fry for 1-2 minutes,until light color.
- Add tamarind paste and mix well and cook for about a minute and add 2 1/2 cups of water mix well when gravy start boiling add sugar and salt,let it simmer on medium heat with lid on it for about 20 minutes or gravy should be little thick and oil should separate from the gravy .
- Add coriander and mint ,then add chilies and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Sprinkle garam masala and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with plain rice ,biryani or any pulov.
Add to Favourites