Moong Daal Pakora
- Yellow Moong Daal (Split Green Gram) - 1 Cup
- Boiled ,peeled and Grated Potatoes - 1 Cup
- Chopped Green Chilies - 2
- Freshly Grated Ginger - 1 Tablespoon
- Cumin Seeds - 1 Teaspoon
- Chopped Coriander (Cilantro) - 2 Tablespoon
- Asafoetida (Hing) - 1/4 Teaspoon
- Baking Soda - 1/4 Teaspoon
- Salt to Taste
- Finely Chopped Onion - 1 Medium
- Oil For Frying
- Wash the moong daal and soak in the water for five hours.
- Grind the Daal,green chilies,cumin seeds using very little water.
- Mix all the ingredients except oil in dal mixture and mix it for at least two to three minutes.
- If batter is too dry add little water .
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium high.
- Check the oil if it is hot adding small piece of batter,The piece should not get brown right away,adjust the heat accordingly.
- Now add approximately 1 1/2" size pakoras in the hot oil and fry until golden brown from all sides.
- Serve with mint chutney and ketchup.