- Capsicum - 1 medium finely chopped
- Small Onion - 1 finely chopped
- Tomatoes - 4-5 medium chopped
- Green Coriander - 1/4 bunch finely chopped
- Green Chilies - 3-4 finely chopped (according to taste)
- Red Chili Powder - 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric - 1/4 teaspoon
- Potatoes - 3 boiled and mashed
- Green Peas - 1/4 cup boiled
- Cauliflower - 1/2 cup boiled with little salt
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 teaspoon
- Bombay Pav Bhaji Masala - 1 teaspoon (according to taste)
- Kasturi Methi (Dry Fenugreek Leaves) - 1 teaspoon
- Butter - if you want low calories you can use oil also
- Salt - To Taste
- Tomato Puree - 2 Tablespoon
- Asofoetida (Hing) - 1 Pinch
- Lemon Juice - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Oil - 1 Tablespoon
- Heat flat pan add oil ,capsicum , tomatoes,tomato puree, cauliflower,potatoes,green chilies,green peas, 1 tsp red chili powder,pinch of turmeric, 1 tsp ginger garlic paste mix and add 1/4 cup of water to allow vegetables to become tender.
- Add 1 tbsp butter and stir and mash till mixture becomes mushy add 1/4 cup of water and let it cook for 4-5 minutes .
- Stir occasionally add 1 tsp pav bhaji masala,salt and 2 tbsp chopped green coriander, keep mashing till the bhaji thickens and butter separates.
- Heat 2 tbsp butter add chopped onion,1/2 tsp ginger garlic paste,pinch of red chili powder, 1/4 tsp pav bhaji masala,dry fenugreek leaves,hing, 1 tbsp coriander leaves,lemon juice and red food color stir nicely and mix with prepared bhaji (vegetables), mash this bhaji very nicely to make smooth paste.
- Place the bhaji in a plate and garnish with chopped green coriander and butter.
- Heat some butter in same pan add pinch of red chili powder, pinch of pav bhaji masala,green coriander mix and spread evenly on pan.
- Cut the pav horizontally and place on the butter mixer nicely both the side .
- Serve pav bhaji with chopped onion and lemon.