- For Ragada
- White Peas - 2 Cups
- Water - 6-7 Cups
- Turmeric Powder - 1/4 Teaspoon
- Dhana Jeera Powder (Coriander and Cumin) - 1 Teaspoon
- Red Chili Powder - 1 1/2 Teaspoon
- Gud (Jaggery) - 1 1/2 Tablespoon
- Salt to Taste
- For Pattice
- Potatoes - 2 Lb
- Lemon Juice - 1 Tablespoon
- Ginger, Garlic and Green Chili Paste - 1 Tablespoon
- Jeera (Cumin) Powder - 2 Teaspoon
- Corn Starch - 4 Tablespoon
- Oil For Frying
- Salt to Taste
- Soak white peas the night before. Next day, wash the peas and add into a pressure cooker along with 6-7 cup of water ,turmeric powder,red chilly powder, salt, dhana jeera powder, jaggery.
- Allow around 8-9 whistle, or cook it until the peas are soft.
- Then open the pressure cooker and mix it well.
- Remember the consistency should be liquidy.
- Boil the potatoes and peel them. Mash the potatoes and add lemon juice, ginger, garlic, chilly paste, cumin powder, corn starch, salt and mix it.
- The mixture should turn into a dough texture. Make small balls out of the dough and flatten the balls to make the shape of a pattice.
- In frying pan add little oil and stir fry the pattice golden brown color.
- On a plate place two pattices and add white peas ragada on it, then sprinkle red chili powder, dhana jeera powder, black salt, sweet chutney and chopped coriander, thin sev is optional according to your taste.
Chopped coriander, dhana jeera powder (Coriander and Cumin), black salt, red chili powder and sweet chutney (check the receipe in sauces and chutney)
Add to Favourites