Yellow Moong Daal
- Yellow Moong Daal (Split Green Gram) - 1/2 Cup Washed
- Turmeric Powder - 1/4 Teaspoon
- Curry Leaves - 5-6
- Chopped Green Chilies - 2-3 (As Per Taste)
- Mustard Seeds - 1/4 Teaspoon
- Asafetida (Hing) - 1 Pinch
- Cumin Seeds - 1/4 Teaspoon
- Oil or Ghee - 1-1 1/2 Tablespoon
- Crushed Ginger - 1 Teaspoon
- Lemon Juice - 1 Tablespoon
- Chopped Coriander leaves - 1 Tablespoon
- Sugar (Optional) - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Water - 2 Cup or as needed
1) In pressure cooker add moong daal,water and salt,cover and cook it until one whistle.
2) Once cooker is cool down open and make sure your daal is cook nicely.(do not over cook)
3) Heat the pan on medium heat add oil or ghee, add mustard seeds wait until it splutters,add cumin seed,asafetida .
4) Now add curry leaves,green chilies and ginger,let ginger cook for a minute then add turmeric powder.
5) Add this tadka into the daal ,mix it well then add sugar,lemon juice and chopped coriander leaves.
6)Enjoy this daal with roti or steam rice.