MOONG DAAL HALWA
- Sugar (As Per Sweet) - 3/4 Cup
- Yellow Moong Daal (Split Green Gram) - 1 Cup
- Saffron Strands - 12-14 Dissolve in a 1/4 Hot Milk
- Cardamom Powder - 1 Teaspoon
- Nutmeg Powder - 1 Pinch (Optional)
- Ghee (Clarified Butter) - 1 Cup (as Needed)
- Chopeed Nuts - 2 Tablespoon Stir fry in little Ghee for 2 minutes
- Salt - Less Than Pinch
- Milk - 2 Cup
- Water - 1/2 Cup
- Ricotta Cheese or Mawa - 1/4 Cup
- Chopped Nuts - 2 Tablespoon For Garnish
- Soak the moong daal for four hours and drain well.
- Blend the moong daal in a mixer to a coarse paste try not to use any water if needed use very little water.
- Heat the ghee in a non stick pan and add the moong daal paste and cook on a medium flame (stir it occasionally) until moong daal changes its color to golden brown.
- Add ricotta cheese or mawa and fry for minute.
- Add 1 cup of water and 1 1/2 cup of milk and mix well,cover and cook on slow flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Add sugar mix well cover and cook for 6-7 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Add the saffron and milk mixture ,nutmeg powder and cardamom powder mix again nicely. Mix all the nuts and mix.
- Garnish with chopped nuts.
Add to Favourites